Developing married couples who will raise a generation of disciples that joins them in making Jesus their all and sharing Him with all.
Sunday am GroupLife. Sunday groups are a great place for adults to build faith and discipleship foundations. Groups connect adults who learn the Scriptures, love each other, and live on mission. Groups are arranged by adult life-stages including Nearly/Newlyweds, Parents of Preschoolers, Parents of Kids, Parents of Youth, Parents with College Students, and Empty Nesters, as well as a groups preferring Intergenerational connections.
- Re|Engage. On Wednesdays during the Spring and Fall semesters, from 6:00 - 8:00 pm, Re|Engage leads couples to invest in their marriages through weekly worship, encouragement and accountability in closed groups with other couples and a mentor couple. Each semester with “test-drive" weeks designed to give you a feel for Re|Engage before committing to the semester-long marriage investment.
- Midweek. Studies meet during the Spring and Fall semesters to address a life stage issue, a life challenge, or an area of needed growth. Mid-Week classes are offered Wednesdays at 6pm, including options like MOPs (morning and evening), Divorce Care, Divorce Care for kids, finance and parenting studies, and other studies that further one’s discipleship or leadership readiness.
- RightNow Media. As member of First Baptist Bryan, you have access to RightNow's full media library, which includes children's & family videos, as well as videos to strengthen marriage and parenting. Click HERE to request a free media access code to RightNow Media.
- Group Resources. Plugging into Sunday morning GroupLife or a Mid-Week study will give you access to the discipleship, parenting and marriage resources and relationships needed to build Christ-centered parents and marriages.
- Home Resources. Home resources are recommended or developed periodically to help you consistently employ practices at home that will lead your kids to put Jesus first with their hearts and lives. These resources are delivered through Young & Median adult GroupLife, family equipping experiences, Family Ministry Central in the church atrium, or your kids' participation in children’s and youth ministries.
- Parent Seminars. Our parent seminars have featured noted authors and family ministry practitioners through a variety of settings and venues. The I Can’t Believe You Just Said That! Parent Seminar on April 15th, will feature Ginger Hubbard, author of “Don’t Make Me Count to Three!” and “Reaching the Heart of Your Child.”
- Marriage Events. Every year, a significant marriage event provides an opportunity for couples to give focused, concentrated attention on their marriage relationship. We have enjoyed FamilyLife’s I Still Do simulcast experience and Weekend to Remember in San Antonio. In 2018 we are looking to do weekend marriage intensives this fall.
- Date Nights. Throughout the semester, parents are encouraged to participate in Date Night with their spouse. Programming for Preschoolers and Children is offered at the church to provide parents a Date Night Out to invest time in their spouse or other couples.
- Family Dedication. Parents are encouraged to begin their parenting journey with each child by participating in the meaningful experience of family dedication. Couples walk through an overview of their role as primary spiritual leader of their children with the Families Pastor, before our church publicly celebrates with, and prays over them. The next dedication is Mother’s Day, May 13th.